Ways to Support KCC
The Kingsborough Community College Foundation, Inc., a 501 (c)
(3) established in 1982, exists solely to benefit Kingsborough
Community College. Funds are used to provide student
scholarships, support faculty development and scholarship,
enrich the student learning experience, and build the college’s
endowment for future generations.
There are many other ways you can support Kingsborough:
- Create an endowed scholarship with a minimum donation of $10,000 to support students year after year. In this case, the original donation amount is invested, and the proceeds are used to make scholarship awards. You can establish a named endowment in an area of importance to you, your family, or your company. The endowment can be added to at any time at the discretion of the donor who determines the selection criteria for award of scholarships funded through the program.
- Create a limited duration scholarship with a minimum donation of $5,000. In this case, a set amount is distributed each year until the gift is expended. Limited duration scholarships provide scholarship support for a specified period of time and are typically funded through a lump-sum contribution. The fund, which may be added to at the donor’s discretion, requires a minimum contribution of $5,000. The donor determines the selection criteria for the award of scholarships funded through the program, and the money is awarded over the number of years specified.
- Make a general scholarship donation and support a deserving Kingsborough student in pursuit of a college education.
- Make a general donation to the Foundation and support the area of greatest need, whether that’s providing emergency funds to a student, a service-learning project, or faculty research.
- Memorialize a friend or family member on “The Kingsborough Way,” prominently located next to the Academic Village, the KCC Way was established to symbolize the journey of those who have contributed to the vitality of the Kingsborough community. Engraved bricks, bench plaques and newly planted trees are available to recognize Kingsborough graduates, faculty, staff, students, family and friends, as well as business and corporate supporters and commemorate that gift with a tree, bench, or brick:
$1,500 Ornamental Tree & Plaque
$1,500 Bench Plaque
$400 Double Brick
$300 Single Brick
- Commemorate your gift of $300 on our donor wall in the Leon M. Goldstein Performing Arts Center.
- Make a planned gift and leave a legacy that will change lives forever. From a simple bequest naming Kingsborough in your will to establishing a Charitable Gift Annuity, include the college in your estate plans planned giving is a meaningful way to support present and future Kingsborough students, while providing a way for your legacy to live on through their achievements. If you have previously provided for the college in your will or trust, we would like to know of your generosity. Please take a moment to call us (718-368-4539) or use our online bequest notification form, and we will enroll you as a member of The Beacon Society.
- Send a yearly contribution to the KCC Annual Fund. The KCC Annual Fund is a crucial source of funding that allows the KCC Foundation to meet its most pressing needs. Annual Fund mailings take place each Fall.
- Make a Matching Gift. A matching gift is a great way for a donor to increase his or her contribution to the Kingsborough Community College Foundation. Matching gifts are provided by a donor’s employer (or his/her spouse’s employer) to a nonprofit organization in an equal or greater amount to the donor’s gift. Companies have various methods by which they can submit their matching gift requests to the KCC Foundation. These include: paper forms; online forms (which the donor can print from the internet); and phone verification systems. The Benefits or Human Resources Office of the donor's employer (or the donor's spouse's employer) will be able to provide necessary information on the company's Matching Gift Program and the method the company uses to process matching requests.
- Make a Gift-In-Kind
Kingsborough Community College accepts in-kind donations of equipment, books, etc., if it can be used by the College in a meaningful way. Before accepting an in-kind gift, certain restrictions apply to ensure that tax regulations and college policies are satisfied. Shipping and handling costs necessary to accept the gift must be considered, as well as the gift's long term viability to maintain, store or insure it.
Individuals and representatives of businesses and corporations interested in making in-kind donations are asked to submit the .
For more information about these options, or to make a gift, please contact Dean Elizabeth Basile.
The KCC Foundation follows the Council for Advancement and Support of Education’s (CASE) recognized Donor Bill of Rights.