How to Apply
If you have never attended college, university, or post-secondary institution; please follow the steps below to complete a freshman application.
Step 1: Create a CUNY Application Account or Log into your CUNYFirst Account
Step 2: Complete the Freshman Online Application
You will be presented with several pages of questions to complete. Complete the questions on each page. (The deadline for Admission is: February 1 for fall; September 15 for spring.)
REMINDER: Freshmen applicants can select up to 6 college choices. Students will receive an
admission decision from each college listed on their application.
Step 3: Pay Your Application Fee
The freshman application fee is $65*, and can be paid by personal check, money order or paid directly online using a credit or debit card.
*The application fee is non-refundable.
**Veterans of the United States Military Service, currently on Active Duty or members of the National Guard or Reserves may obtain an application fee waiver by answering the US Military Status question on the CUNY application and submitting proof of their Veteran/Military status (ie., DD-214, Current Military ID Card, or Deployment or Pre-separation orders).
Step 4: Submit Education Transcript and Supporting Documents
- For students educated within the United States:
- Official high school transcript and copy of diploma* OR
- Copy of GED/TASC transcript and diploma
- For students educated outside the United States:
Applicants educated outside the United States may opt to have their transcripts evaluated by the University Application Processing Center of CUNY or to have them evaluated by one of the evaluation services listed below:
- Josef Silny & Associates, Inc., International Education Consultants: jsilny.org/
- Transcript Research: transcriptresearch.com/CUNY
Educational records in any language other than English must be accompanied by an official word-for-word translation on business letterhead. See our English Translation Guidelines.
Documents can also be mailed to:
[Your name + EMPL ID number]
P.O. Box 350136
Brooklyn, NY 11235-0001
Standardized Test Scores/ English Proficiency Requirements for Admission*:
- For Additional Information on Required Foreign Credentials, please visit: Required Secondary School Credentials
*English proficiency requirements not required for permanent residents (green card), approved refugees, or approved asylees
Step 5: Submit Proof of Immunization
If you are born on or after January 1, 1957, proof of Immunization for Measles, Mumps
and Rubella (including a Meningococcal Meningitis response form) must be completed
and signed before selecting classes.
Please call the Office of Health Services at 718-368-5684 for the free immunization clinic schedule or further clarification of immunization requirements.
Helpful Links and Videos:
- How to Register for an Application Account?
- How do I start my Application to CUNY?
- How to submit an application fee?
- Applicants looking to apply in person, please visit here
- *CUNY does not accept the following as proof of high school graduation: IEP Diploma or a diploma from a non-public correspondence, online or virtual high school. Applicants with these types of high school credentials must successfully complete the GED examination to be considered for admission to a CUNY college.
- Please note that all materials and documents (including original documents) submitted as part of an application for admission become the property of CUNY/UAPC and cannot be returned.
- UAPC will make the final decision regarding evaluations and admission recommendations.
Please call 718-368-4600 or e-mail email@example.com for further information