Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Program
Got questions about your students' learning?
Then join KCTL's Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Program, led by Loretta Brancaccio-Taras (Biological Sciences, KCeL).
The SoTL Program is offered as three workshops and while it is designed for workshops to be taken in order, it is also self-paced so you can take subsequent workshops when you are ready.
Part 1: Getting Started In Part 1 we...
- read and discuss preliminary SoTL materials,
- frame research questions based on observations of our own teaching and learning experiences, and
- discuss the requirements for becoming certified to do research with human subjects and submitting an IRB application.
Part 2: Designing Your Project In Part 2, we...
- discuss sample SoTL articles and consider various research designs, and
- look at a variety of classroom assessment techniques.
Part 3: Going Public In Part 3, we...
- discuss the structure of SoTL articles, including conceptual framework, lit review, methods, evidence, and reflection; and
- identify appropriate places for publishing your work.
Ongoing Support in designing your project, analyzing and interpreting data, and revising your manuscript is offered by the facilitators.
For more information, please contact Loretta at email@example.com
Want to see some SoTL projects by Kingsborough faculty?
Petra Symister (Behavioral Sciences) and Sarwar Jahangir (Biological Sciences)
Gordon Young (Communications and Performing Arts)
Mohamed Lakrim (Biological Sciences)