Skip to main content Skip to footer content

Bursar Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What are the office hours?
A. Monday - Friday 9:00am to 5: 00pm. Late hours Tuesday until 7:00pm when classes are in session.

Q. Where can I find bursars office?
A. We are located in Building A room 205.

Q. What is the phone number for Bursar?
A. 718-368-5416

Q. How can I receive my refund check via direct deposit?
A. Please follow this link Direct Deposit – The City University of New York ( for instructions on how to set up direct deposit.

Q. How much does it cost to attend Kingsborough?
A. Please click on this link to see the cost of tuition: Tuition Rates & Refund Schedule (

Q. How can I pay my tuition bill?
A. ONLINE: By logging into your CUNYfirst account by e-check or credit card.

IN PERSON: You can pay by cash, check, or money order.

Q. How can I get a copy of my tuition bill?
A. You can come to the Bursar office or you can print it out yourself by clicking this link: eBill from CUNYfirst

Q. Do you offer payment plans?
A. Yes! You can sign up for the Nelnet payment plan via CUNYfirst. For more information please click on this link: City University Of New York – MyCollegePaymentPlan

Q. What do I need to purchase a parking permit?
A. Your balance must be paid in full or you must be enrolled into the Nelnet payment plan for the current term attending.

*You also need your KCC ID, your plate number and the payment for your parking permit (cash, check, or credit card) 

Q. What do I need to do to get residency tuition rate?
A. If you live outside of NYC but live in NY state you will need to provide a county residency certificate within 60 days for your tuition to be adjusted.

Q. Do you offer discounts for tuition?
A. We do not offer discounts for tuition however, you can to go the Financial Aid office and see what grants or scholarships you can qualify for.

Q. My account was sent to collections; how can I reach the collection agency?
A. TSI 844-743-1302 or LGS 718-625-2805 extension 114 or 118 (Please call the Bursar office to find out which collection agency your account was sent too)

Q. How can I print out my 1098-T form?
A. You can print 1098-T form by logging onto your CUNYfirst account: Student center/Finances/Drop down menu left and choose 1098T.

Q. Will it affect my Financial Aid if I drop classes?
A. Yes,  it may affect your Financial Aid. Please call Financial Aid office (718-368-4644) to find out if your awards will get reduced.

Q. How much I will get charged for tuition if I drop classes?
Please click on this link to see the Refund Schedule: Tuition Rates & Refund Schedule (