Student Activity Fee
Many events and activities on campus are funded by YOUR Student Activity Fee. As of
the 2016-2017 academic year, the SAF is $85 for full-time students and $42.50 for
part-time students, paid for each the fall and spring semesters. No SAF is collected
for the summer or winter modules.
The purpose of the SAF is to provide extra- and co-curricular experiences for KCC students. The SAF funds a wide range of things on campus including, but not limited to:
- All Student Life Events and Programs
- Student Government Association
- Campus Activities Board and Events
- Registered Student Organizations
- Student Ambassador Program
- Graduation, Graduation Ball, and Yearbook
- Student Publications
- Athletics and Intramurals
- Awareness Months
- Wellness Center, Career Development, and Freshman Services programming
- Honor Societies
- Women's Center
- Art Gallery
- KCC Association Administrative Expenses
- and MORE!
All SAF funds are overseen by the KCC Association - a board of 13 people (6 students,
7 faculty and staff). This board meets throughout the year to track the SAF funds,
and to determine allocations of those funds.
If you're interested in learning more about the Student Activity Fee or in joining the Association Board, contact your relevant Student Government council.